Mission and Goals
F.W. Owens Company operations are performed with a focus on safety. Accidents can be prevented
when safety is primary. The company safety director is dedicated to strict project safety
requirements, conducts regular job site audits, conducts training classes, and provides guidance to
employees to insure the requirements are performed. The following safety performance goals are
stressed for all company employees to achieve.
• Maintain safe working conditions at all times to manage a zero accident environment.
• Immediately investigate and report all unsafe conditions, behavior, and near misses.
• All project supervisors shall receive thirty hours of OSHA training.
• All construction employees shall receive ten hours of OSHA training.
• All new construction employees shall receive safety orientation prior to initiating work.
• Annual safety meetings of all construction employees to discuss performance shall be
performed on an annual basis.
• Activity Hazard Analysis, safety pre-planning guide, shall be studied, and understood by all
• Perform a documented job site audit of all projects at least once a month.
• Conduct weekly safety meetings at each project site.
• Ensure all safety training requirements are identified, and a plan is implemented to keep them
• Provide all supervisors with a safety tool kit for management of safety requirements.
F.W. Owens Company, Inc. 4800 Poplar Place Drive - Suite 200 - Louisville KY 40213 T 502-637-4225 F 502-635-1464